The aeronautical platforms under the authority of the provincial organisation are subdivided into airports and aerodromes.
INFORMATION ON CATEGORIES AND USAGE OF AIRPORTS AND AERODROMES
The DHMi operates 36 airports:
- Atatürk, Esenboğa, Adnan Menderes, Antalya, Dalaman, Adana, Trabzon, Milas-Bodrum, Süleyman Demirel and Nevşehir-Kapadokya Airports open for international and domestic flights, both regular and charter.
- Bursa-Yenişehir, Denizli-Çardak, Çorlu, Erzurum, Gaziantep, Kars, Kayseri, Konya, Samsun-Çarşamba, Van Ferit Melen Airports for international unscheduled and domestic flights,
- Adıyaman, Ağrı, Çanakkale, Diyarbakır, Elazığ, Erzincan, Kahramanmaraş, Körfez, Malatya, Mardin, Muş, Siirt, Sivas, Şanlurfa, Tokat and Uflak Airports open only for domestic flights.
Some of the airports mentioned above are operated together with the military authorities. The rights of use of these civil-military aerodromes are summarised below:
- The rights to use Dalaman Airport and Balkesir, Bursa-Yeniflehir, Denizli-Çardak, Çorlu, Diyarbakr, Erzurum, Kayseri, Konya, Malatya, Muş and Sivas Airports have been given to the DHMi and the Air Forces Command,
- The rights to use Elaz and Erzincan Airports have been given to the DHMi and Land Forces Command,
- The right to use Çanakkale Airport has been given to the DHMi and Naval Forces Command.