* The factory acceptance and the preparations for the infrastructure works of the 13 VOR Systems and 14 DME Systems have been completed. DHMİ technical staff were completed the related technical training at abroad. Installation of the Systems has begun in 2007 and still continues. However, some parts of the system are in service.
* 18 DME Systems to collocate with VOR and ILS Systems, 5 ILS Systems (2 for Esenboğa Airport, 1 for Adnan Menderes Airport,1 for Hatay Airport and 1 for Şanlıurfa/GAP Airport) and 13 VOR Systems have been purchased.
* The installation of the Antalya Airport’s DVOR finished and has been given to service.
* The ILS System for Malatya Airport has been given to service.
* The installation of ILS Systems for Sivas, Gaziantep and Diyarbakır Airports have been completed and given to service.
* Technical service and support has been given by the technical staff of Electronics Department for the installation and maintainance of the navigation aids stations in Turkey,
* Regulation for certification and licencing of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel has come into force.
SYSTEMATIC MODERNISATION OF ATM RESOURCES IN TURKEY (SMART)
SMART Project was developed for the procurement and the deployment of ATC infrastructure requirements of Turkey for the next 20 years with the assistance of EUROCONTROL SIS Unit. This project is in progress.
NEW ATC SYSTEMS AND BUILDINGS FOR ANKARA ACC/APP AND OTHER APP UNITS
• On 19th September 2006, a contract was signed between
DHMİ and Selex-İçtaş Consortium. Studies were started on 26th September 2006 by the delivery of Ankara ACC site. SMART Project will be completed at the end of 2009.
• Systems will be under responsibility of Selex until 2012.
REASONS OF A MODERNISATION REQUIREMENT
DHMİ, as the ATS provider of Turkey, decided to modernise the ATM systems for more;
* Future CNS Strategies Satisfaction
ADVANTAGES OF SMART SYSTEM
* Single Ankara ACC
* Open System (Asterix)
* All Hardware Linux Based
* Capacity Expansion
CONTENT OF THE PROJECT
• In the frame of SMART Project, following systems and functions will be procured;
* Radar Data Processing System (SDPS)
* Flight Data Processing System (FDPS)
* Safety Nets
* Human Machine Interface (HMI)
* Recording / Playback, Data Analysis (Rec / Plb)
* Controller Working Positions (CWP)
* Wide Area Network (WAN)
* Voice Communication Systems (VCS)
INTERIM MODERNISATION PROJECT
• It is aimed to modernise the current air traffic control infrastructure according to present air traffic capacity requirements at Esenboğa, Atatürk, A.Menderes and Dalaman Airports until the SMART Project is fully realised.
• In this scope; systems are modernised and provisional acceptance tests are going on at all sites. Transition to the new interim systems are expected to be by the year 2008.
• Furthermore according to contract, SMART Systems installed to new Antalya APP building. New TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) Ercan building is almost finished. SMART Systems at Ercan Airport will be completed in 2008.
NEW ANKARA ACC/APP AND OTHER APP BUILDINGS
• In this concept; it is intended to install the new Ankara ACC/APP ATC systems at a new building that will be constructed in Ankara. As a result of this, whole Turkish Airspace will be controlled by the new Ankara ACC only.
The following new ACC/APP buildings are almost constructed;
• Ankara ACC/APP building (41,000m2)
• Adnan Menderes APP building (6,300m2)
• Dalaman APP building (2,700m2)
• Ercan ACC/APP/TWR building (6,700m2 )
Atatürk APP building (700 m2)is still under construction and it is expected that all ACC/APP buildings will be finished by the year 2008.
REPLACEMENT OF THE PRESENT RADARS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
By this project, most of the present radars used at current air traffic services will be replaced by MODE-S radars and some additional radars will be located to necessary places.
By this configuration, all of the Turkish Airspace will be covered by at least three state of the art Mode-S radars.
Tender is published and proposals are received in 2007 and evaluation studies still continue.
In this scope; current 11 (including TRNC Ercan) sites (11 SSR, 3 PSR) and 8 additional sites (1 APP, 7 SSR, 2 PSR) will be procured.
PROCUREMENT OF A - SMGCS SYSTEMS
As a part of SMART Project, three A-SMGCS (Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System) will be procured for Esenboğa, Atatürk and Antalya Airports.
Tender preparation is going on and tender publication will be done in 2008.